The Book Blog and ETC.
|Posted on July 20, 2015 at 8:30 AM|
If you love dumplings…and I know you do…then you will definitely love the book Crazy Dumplings by Amanda Roberts. Of course Crazy Dumplings is not new to the scene, this cookbook made its debut in 2014 and it is 178 pages of yummy…delicious…and innovative recipes that will definitely make you see dumplings in a whole new light.
Crazy Dumplings is the holy grail of dumplings…this is definitely not your average cookbook. You will find traditional dumpling recipes and the not so traditional…And with recipes like honey pear duck dumplings, fancy lobster dumplings, cherry pie dumplings, cheesecake dumplings and so much more. … there is a dumpling in this cookbook for everyone.
So whether you like it hot or spicy… or sweet and savory…with detailed instructions, easy accessible ingredients, this cookbook will definitely help you impress that special someone…And make you the master of the Kitchen...leaving nothing to the imagination. Here’s Amanda’s Basic Dumpling Wrappers Recipe to get you started.
Basic Dumpling Wrappers
3/4 cups flour
1/3 cup boiling water
Dash of salt
Flour for dusting
1. Mix flour and salt together in a mixing bowl.
2. Drizzle in water, mixing with a chopstick or fork.
3. Leave in bowl, covered with plastic wrap for 15 minutes.
4. Gather dough up into a ball and kneed on counter for a minute or two (until the dough is
5. Pinch off small portion of dough and roll into a ball (about 1 inch in diameter). Roll out into a
flat circle on the counter, dusting with flour to keep dough from sticking.
6. Put small amount of preferred dumpling stuffing mixture into the middle of the flat
dumpling wrapper. Pinch the dumpling closed.
7. Cook dumplings.
a. To fry dumpling, preheat oil for 30 second then lower heat. Cook dumpling on each
side for only about one minute or until golden brown.
b. To steam dumplings, place in a steamer or on an elevated plate in a wok over water
for about 10 minutes.
c. To boil dumplings, place in boiling water for about 5 minutes.
8. Always cut a dumpling open to make sure it cooked through.